Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

The Best Glue for EPP Foam

Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

info The Best Glue for EPP Foam

Hi Everyone Whats the best Glue for EPP Foam ?, I hear people say CA Glue and Gorilla Glue and Hot glue, I was Just Wondering if there is something Better than those Choices of Glues. I dont think Epoxy will work Very well on EPP Foam Take care, Chellie
Old 10-09-2014, 01:22 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Has anyone used the Bob Smith Industries EPP Foam Glue, if so, How good is it

Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Has anyone used UHU POR Glue, I Have not worked with EPP Foam before, I mostly work with Depron and use Epoxy and hot glue to hold the servos in with, its easy to cut the servos out later with hot glue holding them in

Old 10-09-2014, 04:37 PM
maxflyer

My glue of choice for all foam is now Foam Tac. Yes, it's pricey, and I think the company has taken unfair advantage of it's growing popularity, but in the end it's a small expense compared to the cost of the whole build.

It's relatively innocuous. It dries quickly. It holds over the long term. It's great for repairs. I pretty much get use of the entire bottle, unlike the CA's, which are just as expensive, and I never use it all before I have to toss it.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Has anyone used the Bob Smith Industries EPP Foam Glue, if so, How good is it

I've used it and it's wonderful! A really neat wrinkle with this stuff is that it can be used as a contact cement or as a conventional glue. It's flexible and strong--good for a wide variety of other uses too.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 PM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Uhu por is annoying to use, but works. Give canopy glue a try, it is really great to work with, other that low initial tack. One it dries it is great though, can be cleaned with water before it dries too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/glues-an...y-glue-paapt56
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thank You Everyone for your feed back That gives me some other glues to consider, Take care and have fun, Chellie
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Was doing a little research on EPP glues and found these.

http://wondertrail.com/hobby-supplie...m-factory.html

http://wondertrail.com/hobby-supplie...adhesives.html

http://www.headsuphobby.com/BSI-Foam...ttle-H-500.htm

Last edited by CHELLIE; 10-09-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:35 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Checked around for some Bob Smith Industries Foam Cure, and Heads Up Rc had the best price and shipping Cost Total for a 4 oz bottle, Sooo, I ordered from Heads Up Rc I will Give it a try and see how well it works, If others like it, I am sure i will Too

http://www.headsuphobby.com/BSI-Foam...ttle-H-500.htm

Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 PM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

I've only ever used Welders contact cement. It's what the guys at Twisted recommended when I put together my Crack Beaver, so that's what I went with.

I have made a couple of small repairs with Gorilla Glue (cuz I ran outa Welders).
Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

People used to like the GWS foam glue which also makes a good contact cement, but I'm not sure who sells the same thing anymore. I saved a bunch of tubes from the foam kits, in case I get back into foam someday. I'd send you a tube Chellie if you want one, since you actually build with foam often.

I would imagine the BSI is probably good stuff, as I like their CA glues. Their gap filling CA is the only thick glue I've found that works well for sheeting balsa.

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
Uhu por is annoying to use, but works. Give canopy glue a try, it is really great to work with, other that low initial tack. One it dries it is great though, can be cleaned with water before it dries too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/glues-an...y-glue-paapt56
I could see that stuff working well, as it's like Elmers glue with a plasticizer in it that makes it flexible and waterproof. Worked well recently for gluing down "so called" water adhesive paper decals on an old Comet kit recently, that didn't glue well. I painted it around the edges of the decals, and you can't see it at all after drying.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:15 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thank You Bill for the Glue Offer I will try the BSI glue, and if it does not work very well, I will Hit you up for a tube of that GWS Glue Take care and have fun, Chellie
Old 10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Porcia83

I'm a convert to Foam Tac...love it. If I need something quicker for repair at the field, still use foam safe CA with kicker.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by maxflyer View Post
My glue of choice for all foam is now Foam Tac. Yes, it's pricey, and I think the company has taken unfair advantage of it's growing popularity, but in the end it's a small expense compared to the cost of the whole build.

It's relatively innocuous. It dries quickly. It holds over the long term. It's great for repairs. I pretty much get use of the entire bottle, unlike the CA's, which are just as expensive, and I never use it all before I have to toss it.
+2 the stuff rocks (other than price).
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by maxflyer View Post

I have rufused to buy their glue because as you stated about them taking advantage of us builders . There are alot of choices to pick from and i use Gorrila glue for most of mine but it takes very little or it foams to much. I need to try some others soon before my next foam build but working with balsa on my next few . Its all chellie's fault i build with foam now anyways .lol joe
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
I have rufused to buy their glue because as you stated about them taking advantage of us builders . There are alot of choices to pick from and i use Gorrila glue for most of mine but it takes very little or it foams to much. I need to try some others soon before my next foam build but working with balsa on my next few . Its all chellie's fault i build with foam now anyways .lol joe
I just Picked up some Foam Tac , to give it a try, Dang, $11.95 for 2oz , Greyson had it on sale for $8.99, but their shipping cost is $5.99 so that totalled up to $14.98, Heck with That Noise Heads Up Rc had it at $11.95 + $2.00 shipping, for a total of $13.95, So Heads Up Rc got this sale too
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Let us know how you like Foam Tac - I sure do.... Worth every penny for me...
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rcers View Post
Let us know how you like Foam Tac - I sure do.... Worth every penny for me...
I sure will If you guys like it, I am Sure its good stuff
Old 10-15-2014, 06:32 PM
ggunners

Another one to try is "Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue". It is about $4 at Michaels and $6 at Hobby Lobby. Use it as a contact cement. Apply to one side, put pieces together, pull apart once, put together, pull apart twice, wait a few seconds, put together for final. I then usually use blue painters tape to hold pieces in position.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:22 PM
road king 97
old hat

Foam tac was around 6 bucks till they found out we liked it then the cost went through the roof ,just so ya know. I might have tried some but that kinda turned me off . Sooner or later someone will sell the same thing cheaper and i can wait ,made me a little upset at beacon . joe
Old 10-15-2014, 07:25 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Foam tac was around 6 bucks till they found out we liked it then the cost went through the roof ,just so ya know. I might have tried some but that kinda turned me off . Sooner or later someone will sell the same thing cheaper and i can wait ,made me a little upset at beacon . joe
Yep when you make a premium product you can charge a premium price. Supply and demand baby... I don't think they are buying vacation homes...

But good we all get a choice.

ML
Old 10-15-2014, 07:54 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by rcers View Post
Yep when you make a premium product you can charge a premium price. Supply and demand baby... I don't think they are buying vacation homes...

But good we all get a choice.

ML
I agree but me buying some and helping theiir choice of gouging builders was not the way i fly,just me i guess . lol After the price increace of tripple i would have rather used tree sapp than buy from them . lmao joe
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

I agree but me buying some and helping theiir choice of gouging builders was not the way i fly,just me i guess . lol After the price increace of tripple i would have rather used tree sapp than buy from them . lmao joe
Ditto. I think it's great that people want to become wealthy. They can find someone other than me to help them get there.
BTW I've run across some tree sap that I could actually see having a decent chance doing the job.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

This one is for Joe But they Do Offer Free Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beacon-Foam-...item5d5002a604

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue 2 oz bottle, RC parkflier foamie model plane adhesive

| Add to watch list

Seller information

rcfoam_com (552 )
99.4% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

Visit store:
rcfoam

See other items

AdChoice - opens in a new window or tab

Item Information

Item condition:
New

Time left:
Time left: 23h 9m 36s Thursday, 12:21PM

Quantity:
More than 10 available

Price:
US $20.97
Buy It Now

Add to cart

Add to watch list
Add to collection
Old 10-16-2014, 12:03 AM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
This one is for Joe But they Do Offer Free Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beacon-Foam-...item5d5002a604

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue 2 oz bottle, RC parkflier foamie model plane adhesive

| Add to watch list

Seller information

rcfoam_com (552 )
99.4% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

Visit store:
rcfoam

See other items

AdChoice - opens in a new window or tab

Item Information

Item condition:
New

Time left:
Time left: 23h 9m 36s Thursday, 12:21PM

Quantity:
More than 10 available

Price:
US $20.97
Buy It Now

Add to cart

Add to watch list
Add to collection
Thought you found me some stickyer tree sapp chellie or the whole tree for 20 . lol No thanks i can almost buy 3 bottles of gorilla glue for 20 bucks. Its not that iam cheap ,i just paid big money for a unmolested 56 bubble front vespa to restore and i buy alot of other big boy toys i can afford to buy . Its the way they did their pricing and what we were told(lies) why it was going to cost so much that got me fired up. They can keep all their glue ! lol Bill its older guys like us who see it a little differently than some of the younger guys . If they like the glue thats fine but not me. joe

Quick Reply: The Best Glue for EPP Foam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13973 seconds with 14 queries