Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

UAV / FPV Forum to talk about UAV / FPV electric R/C flight.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Friends: (3)
Default Another Reason The FAA Gets Pissed-Off

And one wonders why Mesa, AZ has city wide "blanket" UAV restrictions....:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/...tcmp=obnetwork

Another reason "drone" ID may get approval from the Congress, and enforced by FAA regulations through local authority oversight.....:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/...ts-in-sky.html
Old 07-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Friends: (11)

Yep, seems like anytime there is a fire or police operation the morons have to break out the FPV UAV's and get on the news. Tanker operations have been shut down a few times because it was unsafe for them to fly with FPV UAV's in the vicinity.

Forget the FAA. You should have to pass an I.Q. test before you can purchase or own an FPV UAV!

Joe

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I don't believe it's an IQ issue.......more related to ethics and morality, which many of the self serving, (so called) entitled individuals lack, even in their own personal (space) and lives.........The knit-wit involved in the previous post was over 50yrs, old and an experienced RC'er.....!

With the ease of technology today, an IQer of less than 70 can fly many of the RTF "drones"....it's the lack of consideration for other's, many of these individuals display, that causes laws to be passed to protect the innocent.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
The knit-wit involved in the previous post was over 50yrs, old and an experienced RC'er.....!
Just turned on the local morning news. At the fire just north of us in Prescott Valley a helicopter was grounded because of a "drone" in the vicinity.

And I get called the "knit-wit".

Joe

Old 07-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
Just turned on the local morning news. At the fire just north of us in Prescott Valley a helicopter was grounded because of a "drone" in the vicinity.

And I get called the "knit-wit".

Joe
Joe....you weren't the one involved (drone pilot apprehended) in the previous post.....were you......
Old 07-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

Trouble is that many individuals think it very funny when they interfere with others ... they get a 'kick' out of the mayhem they cause.

There are reports of commercial flights diverted from Gatwick Airport (2nd busiest in UK) due to a drone sighted nearby 3x ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40476264

I may be silly and fly extreme range and push occasionally to max altitude on my DJI - but never in sensitive locations or risk to others ... in fact I just lost my DJI into the river when battery wasn't enough ... no risk to anyone - not even to fish or ducks !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 07-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
dereckbc
Super Contributor

It is super easy to knock a Drone out of the sky, Jam the signal, and it crashes. Uncle Sam knows exactly how to do it, and just about all military aircraft can knock any Drone down with a push of a button. Should be no problem for the US Forestry Dept to knock drones out of the sky. You can knock down every plane at a flying field with a Microwave Oven if you know what you are doing.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by dereckbc View Post
It is super easy to knock a Drone out of the sky, Jam the signal, and it crashes. Uncle Sam knows exactly how to do it, and just about all military aircraft can knock any Drone down with a push of a button. Should be no problem for the US Forestry Dept to knock drones out of the sky. You can knock down every plane at a flying field with a Microwave Oven if you know what you are doing.

Ya, the technology has been there for quite some time....:

http://makezine.com/2015/10/16/resea...i-drone-rifle/

Trouble is, only the military has the fail-safe stuff......the bigger issue is how to legally enforce and avoid law suits by civilians if the local authorities applied the practice and other non-related UAV devices are effected by the application.
The issue is still being discussed by the FAA and local airport authorities. To date, the application of such device has not been approved by any Govt. Authority.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Ya, the technology has been there for quite some time....:

http://makezine.com/2015/10/16/resea...i-drone-rifle/

Trouble is, only the military has the fail-safe stuff......the bigger issue is how to legally enforce and avoid law suits by civilians if the local authorities applied the practice and other non-related UAV devices are effected by the application.
The issue is still being discussed by the FAA and local airport authorities. To date, the application of such device has not been approved by any Govt. Authority.
Non issue IMO, public safety takes priority. Besides at the frequencies in use is very directional. At 2.4 Ghz beam angles can be low as 3 degrees. It can be either ground or air based.

Hard to admit, but Terrorism is winning. Each day we loose more freedom.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #10
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

There are various solutions such as :

http://www.dronedefence.co.uk/drone-defenders

and reported to be the worlds best so far and already sited at a number of airports in the EU for testing ... and in trials with FAA ...

http://www.blighter.com/products/aud...ce-system.html

and attached pdf

Nigel

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blighter Drone defence.pdf (321.3 KB, 6 views)

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 07-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Nigel

Old 07-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #12
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Joe....you weren't the one involved (drone pilot apprehended) in the previous post.....were you......
Sorry, I had just left a few of the Formula One web sites and their comment sections are personal attack central. After that my first reaction was that you were calling ME the knit-wit. Trust me, I've been called MUCH worse.....

Joe

Old 07-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Here's a LINK to the news story from this morning. This is the second time at the same fire. They caught the first guy. It doesn't say if they caught the pilot this time.

Joe

Old 07-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #14
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

The tracking and disabling of "drones" here in the U.S. is kind of old news guys........The commercial and military industry has had functional and economical devices on stand-by since 2015.

Like stated previously, the FAA and many airport authorities have completed testing and will not disclose to the public which devices are on the table or to what extent the devices will be in service (or when)........Congress has reviewed the information and has even passed much of the information onto the POTUS staff reviewing such........!

As an example....:

https://www.recode.net/2017/5/24/156...y-drone-flying

From a commercial source we deal with related to our operations, we have been informed that the biggest hurdle, implementing such devices, has been the Congressional legal eagles working out the oversight and Civil engagement protocol that will cover the Govt. butts in the event of operational mishaps.......like everything else, when it comes to "liability", the Govt. tends to move very slow (unless it's a case of an eminent national security or disaster issue).

That brings us back to the ID certification issue.......as most are aware (that follow this stuff), commercial UAV have been required to maintain licenses that are ID tracked, for some time now........the problem is with the retail off-the-shelf purchases that are not being required to ID or track.......the problem (or implementing manufacture requirements) are larger than most even think about.....to include those of the WattFlyer crowd that seem to believe there is a simple solution......lol

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > UAV / FPV